The annual GFOI Plenary was held at the Marriott Hotel Bogota from 12 – 16 March 2018. The Plenary provided a productive forum for global coordination on forest monitoring for MRV issues for REDD+, transparency under the Paris agreement and related fora. It further fostered a large and diverse network of experts and practitioners who collectively provide a larger and more targeted package of support to implementing countries than any one partner could provide alone. With 130 participants, from 39 different countries attending it was the biggest Plenary yet. We look forward to seeing you all again in 2019!
The Outcomes Document from the Plenary is available here.
Tuesday, March 13
- GFOI Overview and Plenary priorities – Anthony Bennie, Chair, GFOI Leads Group
- REDD+ update – María José Sanz Sanchéz, Chair, GFOI MGD Advisory Group
- Colombia: Host country presentation – Omar Franco, Director General, IDEAM
Country Needs Asessments
- GFOI-REDDcompass Session, Carly Green
- Forest Carbon Partnership Facility , Andrés Espejo
- Master Course in Melbourne, Inge Jonckheere
- REDDcompass, Nikki Fitzgerald
- GFOI PNG Needs Assessment, Alfred Rungol
- Togo, Ayele Fifonsi
- Indonesia, Franky Zamzani
Wednesday, March 14
- 2019 Refinement to the 2006 IPCC Good Practice Guidelines , Sekai Ngarize
Country experience – Reporting Forums
- The Brazilian Case, Dalton de Morisson Valeriano, INPE
- IDEAM Colombia, Edersson Cabrera M.
- South Africa, Environmental Affairs
UK side sessions
Thursday, March 15
“GFOI presents a unique opportunity for countries to engage and learn more from each other. I am honoured to have participated in 2018 GFOI Plenary.” Ms. Peris Kimani, Kenya.
“This is the first time I have participated in a GFOI Plenary. It has a great experience. I have learnt a lot from other countries and international experts. Thank you for the initiative.” Ms. Fifonsi Ayele.